The latest data and analysis from ONS/Land Registry has revealed that average house prices in the UK have increased by 5.1% in the year to July 2017.
- The annual growth rate has slowed since mid-2016 but has remained broadly around 5% during 2017.
- The average UK house price was £226,000 in July 2017. This is £11,000 higher than in July 2016 and £2,000 higher than last month.
- The main contribution to the increase in UK house prices came from England, where house prices increased by 5.4% over the year to July 2017, with the average price in England now £243,000.
- Wales saw house prices increase by 3.1% over the last 12 months to stand at £151,000.
- In Scotland, the average price increased by 4.8% over the year to stand at £149,000.